vendredi 17 septembre 2010

about inside feelings when i perform




may be because i receveid some pictures form the last performance, may be because i am busy with plannings, paperworks, meetings, i was thinking about how does it feel sometimes when i am performing. it is likes if my inside was showing outside, it is like travelling in emotions from memories or some emotions what you create.
today i have to pack for going to madagascar and then to france, for performing lucy and also teach and , lucky me, for a few days off...doing yoga.
yoga is so much changing my life, changing me inside.

photos: line leclair

3 commentaires:

Elizabeth Seaver a dit…

What a lovely way to describe the creative process, as if what you feel inside is showing on the outside. That is what I feel about my visual artwork. That's what makes an artist feel vulnerable when others say hurtful things, I think. But, it is something we must do. That is when "thick skin" comes in handy.

Thank you for expressing an important idea.

Blessings on your travels and performances.

Anonyme a dit…

Yes, I agree with Elizabeth. It's a lovely way to describe the creative process, and yes that's why artists are so vulnerable .. most people don't get that, all the sensitivity. I've been trying to grow my thick skin .. but it's not really working :-)

Anonyme a dit…

Hi Valerie, I can only imagine how vulnerable you might feel on stage, your show, your dance, and the audiences immediate reaction. And, with difficult subject material. I am impressed by your courage.

I agree with Elizabeth and the gypsy, we all are vulnerable when we display our artwork. It's an act of some sort of optimism and courage.

Best wishes for your performances; happy travels Valerie!